Small Groups are a great opportunity for you to grow deeper in your relationship with Christ - and your church family! Here are a few reasons why you should join a small group:
1. Relationships: A small group gives you the opportunity to get to know people at a more intimate level. Weekend worship is an awesome time to worship with the whole family of God, hear a sermon, engage in corporate vision, but a small group gives you a chance to build deeper friendships.
2. Learning the Word of God: listening to a sermon is a great time to get a broad teaching of the Word of God. However, small groups provide time for one on one discussion. One of the best ways for you to grow in Christ is through conversations about the Bible and life.
3. Opportunity to Serve Others: One of the greatest joys of being in a small group is the chance to bear others burdens, serve their needs, and step out beyond your own issues.
4. Place to Pray and Share Your Needs: A gathering of a few people is a natural environment for prayer. A big part of prayer is conservation with God and small groups provide the perfect environment for communing with God.
5. Engage in Worship: Gathering in a small group allows you to experience worship at a very intimate level. Some groups like to sing and some do not! But worship can be as simple as a few believers gathered together in the name of Christ. God’s presence is magnified when we come together!
6. Follow the New Testament pattern: Acts 2:42-47 gives us a blueprint of what the early church was passionately committed to. The early Christ Followers gathered in homes, shared meals, read the Word, prayed, and worshipped. When you participate in a small group you are following the New Testament pattern.
If you have never been a part of a small group - that's okay - give one a try! We have a selection of Men's groups, Women's groups, CO-ED (mixed groups), and groups that share a common life stage to choose from - all meeting various days and times. Click the blue button below an image to learn more and to join a small group for the 5-Week study.